Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Father Fish



HAPPY BIRTHDAY FATHER !!

My Dad is one great guy. Growing up I felt closer to him than anyone. He taught me to be a great person. He guided me when I would fall away. I am grateful I have such a wonderful dad. I always loved going to the dump with him when I was little. It only because it was just the two of us. I loved fishing with him too. Even though we hardly ever caught anything.
My favorite memory I have of my dad growing up is. When I was in young women they were have a Daddy/Daughter date dance. My dad had just had cancer surgery and was recovering. I was sad he was hurting and sad that I may not go. We had to dress up for the dance. So with what little energy dad had he put on his jogging suit and I dressed up as a punk rocker. And he took me to the dance. I am so grateful to my dad for doing that and taking me. I will always cherish the memory.
Now that I am a mom and have children. I am grateful to Dad for being a great Papa. My children love to come see him. I know that Dad loves to be with them too.
I love you Dad and hope your birthday was a fabulous one. XOXOXO

4 comments:

Laurie said...

I love that you put Charlie the Tuna as the pic. We are lucky to have such a great dad.

CTuna's Cavern said...

Thanks sweetheart. Punk on....you were a good punker. If only I had not hurt so much we could have won the dance contest... huh!!!

Gatnnos said...

I agree with Lou - you are lucky to have such a GREAT dad!

Gatnnos said...

Hey, update yer blog! I want to hear about yer life!