Wednesday, March 04, 2009

5K on May 9, 2009


As you have been reading on my blog. I will be walking the Race for the Cure 5K. I am really excited. I've been exercising 3 times a week or more. I decided to get a membership to a gym to help me through. I've been doing some exercise at home with my children. And they love it. I've been making better food choices and cutting my portions. So far I have lost 44 pounds. 15 pounds of that in the last month and week. I have also been going through the LDS Family Services Addiction Recovery Program. This program has helped me see that through the Lord everything is possible. I am recovering from my Food Addiction. I go to a Support Group for Eating Disorders every Thursday night at the Highland Seminary building at 7:30pm. I would love to have any of you come if you wish. The group is amazing it has helped me see that there are others struggling with my same or similar issues and we support and help each other.
I am so thankful to my therapist for encouraging me to do something that I never thought I could. She has helped me see the amazing power I have to accomplish things I never thought I could. I am so thankful to the Lord for guiding me. I am so thankful for the love he shows to me. I see the amazing things he has given us to push through the trials and temptations of this life. I am so thankful for prayer and scriptures.

Well if you want to walk my 5K with me here is the website that you can do that at. You can register as an individual. If you decide you would like to join me comment and tell me so I can be excited to have you join me in this journey.

http://race.komenslc.org/site/TR?fr_id=1000&pg=entry


Once my 5K is over I would love to take a vacation to a beach similar to this. This is one of my happy places.

2 comments:

CTuna's Cavern said...

Keep up the good work Sweet heart. You are walking farther than Lady, Benji and I now.

Anonymous said...

Dad is just pulling your leg...he wants company when it comes to walking.
I have always believed that you could do it...keep up the good work, Sweetie!!
Love you lots...remember that I am very proud of you!! The Lord is always there to carry us in our time of need.