Friday, October 15, 2010

CTR



What does the CTR ring mean to you?

To most LDS people out there the CTR ring is a symbol to remind us to Choose the Right. Having that reminder is a great way for me to think before I do something.

In my Eating Disorders Support Group. One of my friends made the comment that when she wears her CTR ring it is a reminder to her to Choose To Recover. I like that. This week I decided that I wanted to get a new CTR ring, to have that constant reminder on my finger that I have chosen to recover. It has been really hard lately for me to focus on my recovery. I had to make some decisions in my life to help give me the encouragement I needed to help me move forward.

One thing that I was reminded about yesterday is. Jesus Christ loves us for who we are. He atoned for the sins of everyone on this earth. He atoned for the sins and sadness I feel. He knows us better than we know ourselves. He doesn't care what we look like. The Lord just wants us to be happy and to know that he is always there to help and guide us.

My challenge for myself an any reading this is:
Seek to see yourself as the Lord see you. Pray and ask for that. I need to love myself the way the Lord loves me.

3 comments:

WonderKitty said...

I have had a CTR ring since I was 16. My mom gave it to me for my birthday and I get more comments on it than I do my wedding ring! It is small, subtle, and only I have to know what it means. But I never take it off. I love having it close to me all the time. Have you found one you want yet?

AubGoofy said...

The picture of the CTR ring in my post is one of the rings I ordered. I also have a CTR spinner one and a CTR Mood ring.

Anonymous said...

Surrender is key, so true.

I find it is so helpful to get wheat and gluten totally out of my world (including my house). It is such a trigger and makes me feel lousy besides. I think it is a driver of addiction - it messes with the blood stream.