Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Mother and me

"There is nothing more beautiful, no picture more lovely, than that of a mother with her daughters."

—Gordon B. Hinckley (Ensign, November 1984, p. 90.)

As I read this thought I was reminded of all the many times that my mom would do things with us when we were young and even now as adults. One thing I have enjoyed recently is small but very fun. My mom works downtown on Thursdays and most of the time when she is finished she will come and visit with me and the family. It's never for very long but that time with her has helped me to get closer with her. My mom and I were not close growing up. I usually tried to get her mad at me or do something to make her mad. Now that I am older and realize that what I was doing was crazy. I am trying to make up for some lost time. I am so grateful for my mom. She has always been a great mom. When I was pregnant with Christopher she came to my house and helped me get things ready and clean up a little to have things ready for a new addition. Thanks mom.

4 comments:

Mother Swan said...

Audrey,
This is a very sweet blog entry. I want you to know that I love you very much. You are a very good mother - to your darling Kara and Christopher. I love being a mother it is my favorite. I have loved our visits too on Thursdays. Keep your chin up Heavenly Father loves you and want you to be happy.
Love,
Mom

Laurie said...

We are so lucky to have a mom that loves us. and keeps trying to be there for us. I loved your tribute

Gatnnos said...

what a sweet tribute! You have a very special mom and she has raised a very special family! Thanks for your great entries!

CTuna's Cavern said...

Nice Tribute Aubby. Love Dad.