Wednesday, March 21, 2007

St. Patrick's Day



Well as most of you know. St. Patricks day is one of my favorite holidays. Even though it is not celebrated as big now. Other than maybe in the pubs. It's reminds me of Ireland and the time I spent there on my mission. I can't believe it is 10 years next month since I will have come home. Our St. Patrick's day this year was a little crazy. Jesse had invited us to scrapbook at her apt. with the family for a couple of hours. Are car the night before was having problems so it was in the shop. By the time we got the car I only spent a 1/2 hr. at Jesse's apt. I did get 2 pages done. Which is good for me. I was all dressed up in my St. Patrick's day outfit. I had my hat, shirt and suspenders. And Kara wore the bobbing headband with shamrocks on it. Later my mom and al had invited us over for dinner. Al was making Irish stew and soda bread. So I was excited. I tryed to get her to make roasties but no luck. The dinner was delicious. Mom wanted me to talk about Ireland but my mind was at a blank that night.




Ireland is a very dear place to me. I hope to go back there someday. I keep in contact with only one person there. I enjoy hearing from her and love to get the occasional package from her. Thankfully we have email. So I hear from her a little more often. There is one time when I was in Ballyclare my last area. Ava took me and my companion to see Belfast castle. It was really cool to go there and to see all the neat things. If I remember correctly. Shortly after we left there they had a bomb threat. We were very thankful that we didn't get caught in that.



There were so many places I did see when I was in Ireland. Waterford was one place I enjoyed as far as the scenery is concerned. We saw Waterford castle, we walked on the beach, and we drove around Cork. I was only there for a month so that is alot to see in such little time. Our apt. was above a pub so we heard the music and dancing every weekend.
My mission was a life changing event for me and I would not be the person I am today. I am so grateful for the people and places I was able to see. Many of my companions taught me alot. Good and Bad. I know that the gospel is true and that sharing that fact with the people of Ireland is a great opportunity. I know that one small day a year to remember that wonderful time I had in Ireland is a great blessing for me.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Aub that was so fun to read about Ireland. I LOVED your ST patrick's day fare at the party. I am so glad you had the experience of your mission in Ireland.

Nik English said...

Ah Ireland used to have the most advance civilization up until the invition of Achohol! I saw a documenty on Family Guy!

Gatnnos said...

Did you know there was a St. Patrick's Day parade in Salt Lake??? My nieces went and posted pictures on their blog. I had never heard of such a thing. I love you!

CTuna's Cavern said...

I'm green with envy...Love Dad

Mimi said...

Ahh the Irish I still will never forget the smell of your luggage when you came home it smelled like that for about 3 years......we finally aired them out