Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Life with Little Stress


Well I wanted to post about my recent changes in my life. At the end of June I was really struggling with my job and I was worried that I may lose it. I had prayed and asked what I should do. I decided that I would visit the Manager in our Data Entry department to see if she was hiring. She was not. But made the comment that I would be great to have working in Doc Prep. I had wished that could happen. A week went by and things were still the same at work. The rules and requirements were becoming so strict I felt I could not breath. I would wake up stress about going to work and come home stressed about my day at work. I found myself getting frustrated with Danny and the children for small things. I realized that I needed to do something. I went and talked to the Manager again in Data Entry. She said things are still the same. She then suggested that I speak with the Attorney over her department and explain my situation. I waited a couple days and I saw the Manager from Data Entry walk by my desk and she asked if I had talked to the Attorney yet. I told her No not yet. She encouraged me to talk to him so I went shortly after that and talked to the Attorney. He understood my situation and said he would talk with one of the directing attorneys and get back with me. Half hour later he told me every thing was good and I could move. I sorted out all the details and when I could move. Turns out they wanted me to help with calls on July 6th since we had been off for two days for the Fourth of July. So I started my new job in the Data Entry Department on July 9th. I am doing Doc Prep which is pulling credit reports from websites that clients have provided to us. I cover for the receptionist for breaks and lunches or the whole day if she is not here and I am signing. It is very similar to the job I started with at Lexington Law Firm. It has been almost two weeks. I work four 10 hour shifts. I have Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday off. I come home and I am not worried about work. I just enjoy my children and Danny. I look forward to going to work. I talked with my Manager yesterday and she told me. I've been doing a great job and she is so grateful to have me in her department. This last week with the Regular Receptionist out for the week and issues with the person covering she was grateful she had me to help out. She has been happy with all the other work I have done. The only stress I have had about work this week. Is when the computer at the reception desk broke. They had to replace the power supply and adjust a few things.

I thank my Heavenly Father for all the blessings I have received. I am grateful that I have a good job. I am so grateful for Danny and the work he put in to be home early enough for me so I can be to work on time and all the work he does watching the children while I am at work. I am happy that I can have more time with my family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it!! You are wonderful. I know what it is like to have that kind of stress in my life. It is great how Heavenly Father opens the doors of blessings just when we need it.
We love you so much and want the best for you...

CTuna's Cavern said...

Stress what's that. Ha ha ha. I've learned one big lesson in life. Listen to the still small voice. I've switched jobs many times when I was told to. I'm so glad everything is better for you.
You deserve it. Love you.