Sunday, July 26, 2009

Thought of the Day


"No family can have peace, no life can be free from the storms of adversity unless that family and that home are built on foundations of morality, fidelity, and mutual respect. There cannot be peace where there is not trust; there cannot be freedom where there is not loyalty. The warm sunlight of love will not rise out of a swamp of immorality."

Gordon B. Hinckley, "In Search of Peace and Freedom," Ensign, Aug 1989, 2

I read this thought this morning and wanted to share. President Hinckley was a great prophet and I know that he was a prophet of God. I know that families can be forever. I know that as we work to do what is right and when we struggle the atonement of Jesus Christ is there to help us through.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right...Families can be forever and I am glad that we can be together forever, too.
Keep up the good work with your sweet family.

CTuna's Cavern said...

61+ years have taught me this lesson. Rely on the Lord and the rest is easy... ha ha ha. Not easy but easier when you are ready to give up. Keep up the good work and love your family.